7 yrs to get body back after baby?

i read/heard somewhere i really cant remeber now,that it (can) tkae up to 7 years to get your body back to "normal" after having one baby..if thats true then i have have 10 yrs to go~!! OH NO! is there any truth to this???

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 4:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Health

• It takes 7 years for the hormones and organs to completely stabilize. However if you breastfeed it's not as long a wait. And in some cases you will never get back to what you were before. You will however stabilize and be "normal" again - even if that normal isn't what normal was.

And the 7 year rule has NOTHING to do with weight!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I heard 2 years for your body to replace everything the pregnancy took from your body and 9 months for your skin to not be so stretched out. I hope it doesn't take 7 years... I might go crazy if I have to wait that long to feel sexy again.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 4:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I've always heard and been told 2 years. then again 5 years after the last i still dont look anything like i did before kids lol.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• i certainly hope not.. 2 yrs is better than 7.
    my oldest is almost 4 and my youngest is almost 1
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:48 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• No truth at all. Whoever told you that was a fat slob with NO self controll to get in shape. Each pregnancy and every womans body is different. If you do the hard work and have the self controll necessary you will loose the weight in less than a year.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Not sure where that came from. I got mine back within a year of having each of my children. I know it's said that it takes seven years to totally replace each cell in your body with a new one. Maybe that's where that came from.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I dont think I'll ever be a size 2 again lol.. if I lose half of my baby weight I would be on cloud 9 :)
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Actually, you'll never be "normal" of you consider a pre-baby body to be normal. There are permanent changes made to your hips and your breasts and your cervix, and NOTHING can be done about those shy of surgery...whcih will only handle your breasts anyway. The hip changes are in the bones and those are there to stay. The cervical changes were made with the passage of the baby. (Of course, if you had a c-section your cervix hasn't changed...but you've got that scar instead.)

As to your weight...nine months on, nine months off.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2009