What would you do?

Okay, so my husband is at Fort Benning GA for Basic and AIT training for the Army (He is National Guard right now...) He graduates on Dec 18th almost a month earlier than expected. Dec 18th is exactly one week prior to my due date with baby# 2. We live in Clanton AL (outside Montgomery) which is about a good hour and a half drive from Ft. Benning in Columbus GA. My Doctors office and hospital is in Birmingham AL, even farther from GA of course. However there is a military hospital on base. SO.....I am dead set on going to this graduation, this a HUGE achievement for my husband and I am so incredibly proud of him, I just can not imagine not being there. Is it crazy for me to go that far so late in the game????

nkkk07

Asked by nkkk07 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think so. You're not flying...
    I would definitely ask your doctor though - just in case kind of thing.
    This is a once in a lifetime kind of thing, and I'm proud of him too! :]
    I didn't know my hubby when he graduated from Basic, but I definitely would've been there for it, come hell or high water.

Good luck! Lemme know. :]
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• no absolutly not..id do it. even tho it going to be an uncofortable ride whatever..theres always a hospital some where to have the baby. lol. but no seriously go.see your husband graduate..but one question tho..why did he go to basic and ait if hes already in the NG? or was he changing his MOS or something..im confused cause when we went AA(active Army) from NG he didnt have to go back to school or anything.anyways good luck.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• This is his first time in BCT he is planning on going AA after he serves his year in the NG.
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• As long as you aren't flying (which they probably wouldn't let you anyway) and are careful, I dont think it will be an issue. Just don't over do it and stay hydrated.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I'd go. Let your dr know your plans, and that you are set on going. Take a copy of your medical records with you just in case something comes up, and I'm sure you will be fine to travel.
    When I was about 40 weeks pregnant with dd#2, my husband's grandmother was very sick with kidney & liver cancer, and to see her meant a 2 hour drive away from home. I decided to go with dh and our dd#1 so we wouldn't miss seeing her and regret it forever. I didn't go into labor until 2 weeks later, but if I had, we were already at a hospital, so I'm sure it would have worked out just fine.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 5:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2009