I have the only baby that hates the car

Within the past month my 7 month old has gone from loving the car to having a fit every time I put her in her car seat. I thought it was that our old sitter had been keeping her in her car seat a lot for naps or whatever (every time I went to pick her up she would already be in her seat too). We changed sitters and she is never in her seat there and I always come over to them playing but she still freaks when she goes in her seat. We tried switching to a "big-girl" car seat to see if she would like sitting up and being able to look out the window better and it helps but not much. Every car ride no matter how short ends in screams. Could it be that now that she is always on the move that she doesn't like being locked into a seat? Or that she gets held too much and only wants to be held?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my 6 month old daughter use to love the car also but now i put her in to go anywhere and she freaks out lol I have no idea what caused it .. so your not alone !! good luck
    Slimgirl1981

Answer by Slimgirl1981 at 6:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My second son was the same way. The only thing I can say is she wil probably outgrow it! It took a while, but now he is not such a pain to travel with! He would scream no matter how short the trip. Now he only fusses when he is really tired and can't fall asleep (he is 2 1/2)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• DS2 HATES HATES HATES HATES HATES the car, and all things to do with leaving the house.
    Jenniy

Answer by Jenniy at 5:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• It sounds like she would rather be out playing. She will out grow hating her car seat, but there isn't much you can do in the mean time. Try giving her a toy that she only gets to play with in while she's in her car seat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My kids both hate car rides and the baby will cry and cry and cry unless his brother is there to entertain him....
    punkrockermama

Answer by punkrockermama at 6:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2009