Who else HATES taking pictures these days? Especially of small children????!!!!!!

I can never get her to look when the pic is actually being taken. Stupid digital cameras always seem to miss the moment. Sometimes I would just prefer a regular old 35 mm that actually takes the picture when you want to take it. I just spent 5 minutes trying to get a picture. After the first few shots where she looked, but OF COURSE the stupid camera wasn't ready . . . well after that she just plain ignored me and wouldn't look, so I just gave up, but I'm still p*ssed!

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• To dh that would be like cooking over a fire in the back yard. We have like 5 digital cameras, all of which I hate to use.

Check EBay and garage sales - you can get really good ones really cheap now because of people upgrading to digital 35's. Tell him if he doesn't like it he doesn't have to use it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• This happens to me all the time.  I have went back to using the disposable cameras until they are a bit older.  SOOOOO  frustrating!

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• :[!!
    I never have that problem... my son is such a camera whore, it's ridiculous. lol.
    Well.. why don't you use a 35 mm then?
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Because I don't have one. To dh that would be like cooking over a fire in the back yard. We have like 5 digital cameras, all of which I hate to use.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I bought my digital camera specially for the fast shutter time. So this hardly ever happens to me, but I can see where it woud get frusterating. If you buy a 35 mm you can bring it to wal mart and order a disk with it. (So you can still put them on your computer without scanning every one.) Hope you figure it out. You'll want those pics when she's older and you can't even remameber her being so small!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 5:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I PERSONALLY LOVE TO TAKE PICTURES....of small children...MY children! I don't care if my baby boy or my daughter look at the camera or not. I love pictures of children doing things and looking away. I was a studio photographer when my daughter was a baby, and I would have moms come in that were so mad that I couldn't get their baby to look at the camera, so I'd ask them..."Does the baby look at the camera when you take pics.?" and each time it was NO!, so I told them that we'd just let the child "play" and see what shots I could come up with. Let's put it this way...EVERY TIME this scenario happened, the parents FELL IN LOVE with the NATURAL shots and ended up buying huge packages from me.
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 5:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Oh trust me . . . we have tons of pictures of her not looking at the camera . . . just look at my ics here on cafemom. She was sitting in her toy box and I just wanted her to look up at me so I could get that pic . . she would look for a second, by the time the camera took the pic, she had already looked away!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• pics
    BridgetC140

• That's why I got a DSLR camera because I hated the lag time on the point and shoots. Well, my dad got me the camera for my birthday after I said I was saving up for it.
    I did learn a trick with my camcorder which had a digital picture option and is what I used for the longest time to take pictures.
    I set it to "burst" mode so it would take 4 pictures right in a row. Took longer to save them to the card but usually 1 was what I wanted and I got a ton of great frame by frame action shots.
    Now I use the sport mode on my DSLR camera and just take huges amounts of photos at one time.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2009