christmas ideas

So I am one of those people that wants to be DONE shopping for christmas by Dec 1st so I need some ideas. I have a three year old girl who likes dora, mickey mouse and spongebob. I want to get her some really good LEARNING toys I have thought about the leap frog system but I don't know...any ideas would be helpful. BTW I am spending 100.00 total on her and would like have a good quantity of presents. Any ideas ladies? oh and also we live in an apartment with no backyard. THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I am one of those people too. :)

I can recommend the Leapfrog Tag system. My daughter will be 4 in Nov. but she got this last year for christmas. We have the original one not the Junior version. My daughter loves it. Not only does it help her with reading but it also has activities in the books for the kids to play. Check it out!

As for other things you can get a Mickey Mouse memory card game as well as some other board games. If you have a Toys r us near you..they have preschool boardgames on sale this week as low as $5! My daughter loves CandyLand. Also another big hit she got last year was a art easel.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 8:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Keep it age appropriate and not worry so much about the learning aspect. At this age they learn from everything they engage in! Simple board games like Candyland, Memory, Chutes and Ladders are great. Play doh, paints (watercolor or fingerpaint), building blocks, lacing cards ( if you can find them), Colorforms, dress up items like wings and wand or whatever she may be into. Think of things you can do together and things she can do on her own. Her best learning tool is her mind and imagination. For the record I am not anti Leap Frog but I work with kids who honestly don't know HOW to play, they only know HOW to be entertained. Play lets kids explore, learn to problem solve, improves communication skills, improves motor skills etc.! All of these work together for reading and math readiness. Have fun!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 2:45 AM on Sep. 28, 2009