not sure where to post this...car seat stuff...

me and dh were given two car seats by a co-worker of mine, she said her sister just had a baby and he didnt fit into them anymore so they put them up in the garage and she said the family was done having babies, so she gave them to me. Now they are in great shape, except the covers...i washed them but i think there is like oil or grease stains in the fabric. well me and dh just ordered a new cover for the carseat from target (super cute)...but i was wondering do i leave the old cover on and then put the new one on, or do i take the old one off and use only the new one? just wondering before i start to tear it apart lol

danette624

Asked by danette624 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take the old one off - unless, when you get the new one, it's not very.. cushion..y. :]
    Then I would put it over the old one, but maybe after making sure the stains won't rub off onto the new one?
    But, if the cushion is nice and soft with the new one, I think I'd just go ahead and take the old one off.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 5:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Are you sure it was never in a car accident? You definately don't want to use it at all if it has been. Otherwise I would think you'd replace the cover when the new one comes.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 5:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• i dont think the stains are going to rub off...they just really bothered me and i didnt want to put my baby on them...everytime i look at it i want to scrub the crap out of it lol
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• First, as long as the seats are not expired, and you trust the person giving them to you with your child's life, then you can use it. I'd only recommend using a replacement cover that comes directly from the car seat manufacturer. Anything else is considered after market, and is potentially dangerous.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2009