PIOG car seat question

me and dh were given two car seats by a co-worker of mine, she said her sister just had a baby and he didnt fit into them anymore so they put them up in the garage and she said the family was done having babies, so she gave them to me. Now they are in great shape, except the covers...i washed them but i think there is like oil or grease stains in the fabric. well me and dh just ordered a new cover for the carseat from target (super cute)...but i was wondering do i leave the old cover on and then put the new one on, or do i take the old one off and use only the new one? just wondering before i start to tear it apart lol

danette624

Asked by danette624 at 5:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• IMO they look like they gone alone. Just the foam and the seat cover.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I would check the experation date on the carseats and make sure they weren't in any accidents. but ya just put the new one on when it comes it.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 5:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Did you buy the exact same cover as the one that came with the seat? The covers are made specific to each carseat so its important they are exactly the same. Anyways, if its the same brand, etc, they you take off the old cover and put on the new one.
    Mom2SKMB

Answer by Mom2SKMB at 5:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Just because they look nice doesn't mean that they are safe. Every so many years, the safety regulations on carseats change. Also, you don't know the true history of these car seats. If they had ever been damaged or in a car wreck, they would not be safe for your child. I personally would NEVER EVER use someone else's carseat.
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 5:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• they are only like months old...and its not the same cover...
    http://www.target.com/Little-Luxe-Infant-Seat-Cover/dp/B002HP4L0G/ref=br_1_13?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&searchView=grid5&searchNodeID=680955011&node=680955011&searchRank=pmrank&searchPage=1&searchSize=30&id=Little%20Luxe%20Infant%20Seat%20Cover

lol thats the link to the exact one i bought...
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• New one. I would highly advise against using someone else's used car seats that have been in a garage.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 5:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• well...we already paid for the cover, and we just bought a stroller and a pack n' play..so right now with me out of work a new car sear will have to wait...
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 5:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• if you are really concerned about them being unsafe and cannot afford another one. You can get them for free. call your local fire dept or health dept and they will give you one! They are brand new and you know they are guaranteed safe because no one else has used them. You would rather do that than wonder!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 6:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• im not saying they are unsafe, not at all, i was just wondering about the covers and if i was suppose to keep the old on or not. its just we have paid for just about everything by ourselves except for our bath tub and swing and money is getting tight lol this stuff is EXPENSIVE lol and i have ran out of paid time at my job for the moment (people are donating me paid time now) so money is a little tight.
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 6:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2009