When is the best time to nget my son ready for kinderegarten next year since all the seats are filled this year and there's nothing I can do about it which angers me because I lost track of time doingf other things plus I have no support so everything falls on my shoulders?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 5:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• you can get work books from walmart for cheap or look up free info online to teach your son a few things, that way he'll be ahead of his class next year
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 6:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• http://k6.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/go/parents/parents-guide-to-the-nsw-primary-syllabuses/early-stage-1
    check this out
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 6:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• sorry i don't know how to make a link
    lovelyli217

• http://www.schoolexpress.com/product_being_me.htm
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Um... are you trying to get him into a special school? They can not keep your child out of a public school, otherwise they are denying him an education. That is against the law. If it is a private school, you can have him go to public this year and start 1 grade there next year.
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Are you trying to get him into a preschool?? Public or private?? There are all kinds of child care centers that run preschool programs... search the phone book if you have to!!

Or, maybe you could take him to a play group a few times a week and do ABC's, shapes, colors etc at home. As long as he is socializing and doing the basics things should be OK. Also call the school he will be going to kindergarten in, ask to have a K teacher call you back. Explain that you can't get him into preschool and ask what to teach him this year!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 7:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Is he one of those birthdays that can go a year early or the next year? If so, I would really recommend he go later, even if you think he is really bright anyway. I work with K kids, and the workload for them is really heavy. At least it is where I am. They are 'in class' all day, except for 30 minutes of recess. It's a big transition for them, and you see a lot of the kids who started early doing it again the next year, too. I don't necessarily agree with how much work these kids do, but it's how things are. Good luck!
    calico1954

Answer by calico1954 at 11:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2009