Are there any more mid-20 year olds out there who have no clue what they are doing with their lives?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Im 23 and Im a SAHM and work on our farm . That is all I ever knew .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I had a quarter-life crisis. First I abandoned everything and went back packing through central America with my dog. Then I came back to the US and had a flash marriage to a colleague who turned out to be a career criminal with aliases and all the accessories of insanity. It is totally normal to freak out and make mistakes from 20-27. You get your life together at 27. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• im 20 but an "old" 20.... def feel that way since im taking time from school 2 be a mom
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 6:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I'm 24 with a college degree and currently SAHM. Somedays I just want to throw in the towel and start over. I'm really not where I thought I would be looking back. I want to work but I can't find a job that pays more than what child care would cost and with my husband's crazy work schedule it is nearly impossible to find a suitable job at that.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 6:06 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I am twenty-three years old. I am a stay-at-home mother to a ten month old little girl. Although we live together like a "normal" family, my child's father cannot yet be my legal husband because he is still someone else's (before you judge, know that she abandoned him less than three months into their "marriage", and that he filed for divorce long before we ever met....she left the state but we are finally nearing the end of this ordeal). As he is in the military, the fact that we are not married makes me very stigmatized around here. I only have one friend, and we do not see eachother much anymore (though it is a five minute drive between us). I do not paint, write, or design so much anymore. Indeed, housework seems to be my only real hobby.

CONTIN
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 6:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Like "usmc0351wife", I find that there is no point in me working due to child care costs and my beloved's schedule. So, yes, I suppose I feel a bit lost in my life. However....

I am trying to think of myself a little more these days. I always thought that doing so as a mother would be selfish, but now I realize that if I do not take care of myself I cannot take care of her. Furthermore, I will be my daughter's first female role model, and I want to be someone she is proud of and wants to be like....not someone she grows up to pity.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• i am entering my late 20s and i am still taking care of my 2 yr old and my 5 yr old, i work part time, but i refuse to do anymore untill they are both in school. i do not want to be away from them at these ages. i am making plans for the future so i can better my family, but as of now i do feel like i am doing the right thing for my kids and family.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 8:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2009