Harmless mouse trap? (Not sure where to put this)

I think I have a mouse in my Kitchen. I have not seen him, just his "leavings." However I have a very strong belief of not causing harm to any living thing unless I plan on eating it. Since I do not plan to eat this mouse I am looking for a trap that will not harm him/her. I would like to find something that will simply trap it without hurting it so I can take him accross town and let him loose in the woods...

Do you know where I can find one? Everything I can find will kill it or just hurt it... I don't want to do either.

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Girl be careful.We have been living with them for like a month.They will not go away.I have killed like 5 already.They are only supposed to come out at night but I just say one right now.I had the oven on and I guess it was hiding in the back of the stove and it was to hot for the rat that it came out it was huge.Remember they reproduce.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I can't understand why we have them we are very clean people..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Try Tractor Supply Stores or tractorsupply.com. They have humane traps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I have never heard of them.I live in Los county and I have never seen that store in my life.Is there another store?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Try Home Depot? Are those out there? Sorry, I'm in Ohio and Tractor Supply is everywhere here. The ones I've used is the electronic things that are plugged in. They work really good. You also need to search inside and out to find where they are getting in at. Once you find even the smallest of holes, plug it up with steel wool.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Yes we have tons of home depots.Thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• You should be able to find "live traps" at any hardware store. You need to find the hole the mice came in through and get it filled (you can buy stainless still mesh at the hardware strore), or you wil have more. Mice can find through a hole the size of a dime.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• You can buy live traps...but just so you know, they do carry diseases and where there is one...it always brings friends. This is the time of year critters are looking to set up house keeping where it is warm. There leavings can make you sick...be careful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• we got a pack of 2 very small humane traps at walmart maybe? i can't remember- they are just plastic rectangle-shaped traps with doors on either side. you put food in the very center and once the mouse gets caught the doors close. one thing you need to know though- mice get dehydrated very easily. i didn't realize this a couple weeks ago when one got caught in ours, and i left him in there all day so my husband could take care of it when he got home(i had just had surgery). he let it loose outside and it was barely able to get away before our outdoor cat got him since the mouse was too dehydrated to move much :( i felt really bad for him.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 4:53 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• The ones they sell at wal mart are called "Mice Cubes". They door only swings one way. The go in but cant get out till you let them out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Sep. 29, 2009