Amnesty bill...a peice of chit?

WOW yes if I do say so myself..

here is a link from CNN's Lou Dobbs

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 5:55 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There must be some new form of dyslexia that puts ALL in front of some words! It must be spreading too! Everyday there are posts where someone adds the word ALL to a question or post.

Now girls you know we have got to hurry up and get the healthcare passed and then an amnesty bill because the 2010 elections are right around the corner. There is no way the dems can stay on top unless they take the election in an underhanded way.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Its called buying votes.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Oh I agree carpy I think the amnesty crap needs to stop and I do not care which party because we know repubs have given it as well.

It really stinks that illegals and GANGS would be given amnesty just what we need right?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• This was in 2007, and it was soundly defeated by outraged citizens.

It was John McCain's bill---yet SOMEHOW the same people who passionately defeated this bill chose it's sponsor to be their presidential nominee a year later!
    lori9878

Answer by lori9878 at 7:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Oops, I made a mistake in my last post. McCain wrote the bill, but he didn't sponsor it. It was sponsored by Harry Reid. Sorry for the inaccuracy!
    lori9878

Answer by lori9878 at 7:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Lori amnesty is being spoken of yet again and no doubt it will surely be tried and hopefully go down in flames..

As for John Mccain I personally have stated over and over agan to me the man is a RINO..just the lessor of the two evils...but this amnesty garbage needs to stop.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Oh, I agree. I didn't mean to come across that I didn't agree--it is chit and it can't be allowed to happen. I just found it interesting that after all the uproar in 2007 (I was burning up the Capitol switchboard at that time, along with many others--probably you, too), that McCain went on to be chosen as the GOP nominee. It's proof to me that the two-party system is broken.
    lori9878

Answer by lori9878 at 7:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Just to be clear, the video you posted was from 2007. Here is a link to the same video from YouTube that has the date it was submitted as June 2007. I've gotten the link you posted in email a few times from friends and family, but the particular bill Dobbs is speaking about in the video is the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP1UQMd7VMw

We need to stay vigilant, and be watching for the new legislation....

lori9878

Answer by lori9878 at 7:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• That bill was buried two years ago.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2009