Would you let your husband go out without you on your wedding anniversary?

My wedding anniversary is on Wednesday. He plays softball on Wednesdays. I asked him to not play this week so we can go out to dinner or something. He says no because his friends and him are going to the bar after the game. I asked him why can't I come to the game and then to the bar just so we can be together, and he can't even give me a straight answer. So what should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• no that's not okay.

I have no idea what you should do- he's being a real dick with that.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Oh, I'm so sorry. My husband would never do that. As far as what you can do? I think you have two choices. Keep bugging him and asking and be miserable or you can pick another day to celebrate with him and focus on that. Happy Anniversary and I hope it turns out to be a good day! (Mine is on Monday!!!)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I would remind him its my anniversary also and he needs to invite me to the game and the after party. If the day doesn't fall well the thought should still remain.
    Later, like the following weekend, do a belated date, alone...
    Crystal_GoBucks

Answer by Crystal_GoBucks at 6:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Hell no.. he would not be playing softball unless you guys planned on waiting until the weekend to do something then he better come straight home after that game!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 6:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• very cold of him,its clear he comes first,tell him its ok you'll just do something else at home,even if he still does it he is for sure to feel like crap.make sure you have plans for his bday when it comes or anything that is meaningful to him,like plan to go somewhere he would love to go to and make sure its on wenesday when he has to play and when he says if you change it say no i cant drop everything for you.he'll get the hint real fast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• wow. i can understand going to the game maybe but then out afterwards? no way!
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Okay well give him the best present of all what the hell is he gonna do if you show up at the bar after the game?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Choose another night to celebrate with him

Answer by admckenzie at 6:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• UGH!!!! What a wenie! He needs to remember the vows he made for and with you YOU, not the boys and that bars and the balls!
    Thats awful....He needs to be wth you. To celebrate your marriage.
    just1forme

Answer by just1forme at 6:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• NOT allowing you to go is fishy for sure. Are they going to a bar bar? or the titty bar? Id demand some answers, but you can always celebrate another day.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2009