My 3yr old daughter will not wear clothes

Hi I really need help with this. My 3yr old daughter will not wear clothes, I had to pull her out of nursery school bcause she will not get dressed. I mean she will not even wear underwear, I have tried all different types of underwear for her but nothing works, she tells me she hates clothes. She will go to the store with me but she knows she has to get dressed, and she will, but the minute we get home off they go! She will not even play outside due to having to get dressed! I am starting to think this might be an issue I should take up with a doctor. Please any suggestions would be helpful. Thankyou for taking the time to help.

catseyez

Asked by catseyez at 6:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I beleive she will grow out of it I have a 3 yr old boy and soon as we get home he strips, and I have to bribe him to get at least a diaper on. He is doing less and less each day, so hang there. I dont think a doctor would tell you much else
    got2boys

Answer by got2boys at 6:14 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• It could be SPD but it could just as easily just be a phase she's going through. I suggest working with her, find things that she will wear more willingly whether that's skirts rather than pants, cotton rather than synthetics, or sweatpants rather than jeans. If it's a phase it's probably a control thing to some extent and giving her a little control might help. If it's SPD then it's a legitimate issue and she'll probably need to work with it for life. I have SPD and I can't stand certain polyester fabrics; a perfectly smooth stretch fabric is fine but anything slightly rough just freaks me out.

On the bright side, if it is SPD it's probably no big deal anyway. It's very rare for kids to actually need special help and issues can be dealt with. I wear long sleeves while clothes shopping so I don't touch stuff I can't and wear sunglasses all the time because my eyes are very sensitive to light. Simple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• my DD is two and she is like this,....my DS he HAS to have clothes on...esp pants if he doesnt have any on right away he gets pissed at times.
    MommyOf2kids67

Answer by MommyOf2kids67 at 9:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• lol mine loves being naked.

ive found if its a pretty dress...she likes wearing it. if the letting him pick out his own clothes down work.
    lay down the law....dont give hima choice. he strips, give him whatever discipline you use in your household and make sure he understands that is bad. i let mine run around in her pull ups once its evening time after he bath before jammies but thats about it.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 5:21 AM on Sep. 28, 2009