To working moms: What jobs are the same hours as the kids are in school?

I am a single/seperated mother who is a stay at home mom wanting to return to the work force. I am actually hired at a home health care company but there are no hours available at all. So I have put my resume everywhere. some places have called me back but my problem is the hours are almost all day and I cannot afford day care of a babysitter. Also I want to be the one who drops off and picks up my children. I applied at the school my children go to but there are no openings. What are some good paying jobs that would be in the same hours as my children are in school?(8-2) 8-12 on wed.

Newbegginings04

Asked by Newbegginings04 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• Get a job at the school. You can work in the cafeteria, as an aide, or secretary, even a bus monitor.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• McDonalds LOVES to hire Mommy's and will work with your kids school schedule.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Keep the hours you have, hang in there. If youd really like to have hours that work with the children being home, think about working at home.

You'll need a job to support your work so don't quite just yet, you should be able to get help with daycare from an agency if you are working such little hours.

Here is what I do and recommend because it works and we have along track record.

Feel free to check out all the articles on my page.

If you feel that that might be something for you call: 1-800-605-0293

then send me a message.

I'd love to connect you with one of our most successful Associates on our team.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Maybe a school bus driver? You said there aren't openings at the school, even as a custodian or cafeteria worker? Check at your senior centers, at adult and child day care places. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 7:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• i work in a radiology office and one of the receptionist there works from 9-3 so that she can pick up her dd at school. another receptionist works from 2-8 because her husband comes home at 1:30 so that he can watch their son while she goes to work. my point is that there are offices that work with your needs, so check medical offices, doctors and radiology places. They usually are flexible. I hope you find something soon. Plus they pay pretty well especially radiology.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 7:48 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Sales, working in a school, consulting, home-based services, like a virtual assistant

Answer by rkoloms at 7:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• when my kids go to school I am getting my cosmetology lisence & working in a salon.....you can basically work any hours you want & the pay is very good !
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 8:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Try the school or other area schools, or look into home based jobs like I do.

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• This is perfect! Works around your schedual! You are your own boss! only $29 to start and thats refundable for 4months

HI,
    I'm happily engaged and we are about to buy our first home. We live in a small town where it is really hard to find a decent job, so I've been searching for a way to work at home. I recently found a home-based opportunity with no large investments and no risk! I work in the comfort of my own home with an international, 24 year old, Inc 500 company. All I do is set up customer accounts and do some online marketing. I work around my own schedule, with a group of amazing team members. I never even have to leave my own home to be successful!

If this is something you'd be interested in, please visit my website.

www.workathomeunited.com/lynsey

I think that once you hear more information about the company, you'll love it just as much as I do!

I hope to hear from you soon :)
    lynsey7

Answer by lynsey7 at 10:40 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I don't work during the day outside the home, but wanted to suggest maybe working at home for you that way you can create your own hours. The company I work with just received an award with the BBB and we don't do parties, no stocking of inventory and this is not MLM! Feel free to visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com for more information. I would love to answer any questions that you may have! Thanks!
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 1:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2009