Could it be that time

I am the mother of an 11 month old, he is great tho very mischevious
I have put him on the potty a few times before giving him a bath
Well now he just started pulling off his diaper and
I wanted to know if this is normal or if it is possible that it may be time
to attampt to potty train him
Thank you for ur help any input is very much appreciated!!!!

waterlily89

Asked by waterlily89 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would go with a no. id wait till they can comprehend and can walk and stand on there own. aidens almost 11 months old and pulls his diaper off, but im going to wait til hes a little bit older b4 i start.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 6:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Well they say it is a sign that when they do this they are ready...but like you said ...he is only 11 months old, i would still put him on the potty but i wouldn't hold my breath... keep trying and maybe he will prove us all wrong..
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I would give it a try. He may suprise you!! I started putting my kids on around 9 months to a year. Just before bathtime. My oldest actually started going and caught on pretty quickly. My second born LOVED sitting on the potty but never went until he was over 2 years. My daughter started going at 9 months and goes about 60-75% of the time. She will be 1 this week. (Imo, it never hurts to try!)
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• well my husband and i wanna try and he does potty in the toilet he can walk and stand just fine, so actually when i catch him with his diaper off he always makes a mad dash for the restroom, lol only to find he went potty somewhere else just glad it is only pee lol Congrats on ur daughter turning 1
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 6:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I'd think that it might be a good time to introduce, and discuss the potty, but don't expect any real, consistent success for a while.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• if he already is understanding what the potty then go for it...just have him use the potty a few times a day at first and work your way up...i was 100% potty trained at 1 year (but my mom put diapers on me at night just in case)...the earlier he learns the better, it will save you tons on diapers as well...good luck mama
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• if he is taking his dipar off becouuse its wet or dirty,then yes it is around that time
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2009