Pagan Sisters... In your own words explain the "law of 3" to me as if I were brand new...

I'm just trying to grasp what everyone believes as far as the law is concerned. I know there are many different interpritations of it and I'm just wondering what yours are...

I will post mine below as well...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Personally I believe the "law of 3" and the "law of attraction" are one in the same. Everything we do, both magickal and mundane, creates energy. This energy goes out in to the universe and draws in more of the same. Now, the law of 3 comes in because each action (magickal or mundane) not only attracts energy when we do it, but later when we react to the consequences (good or bad) and again when those it affects react sending their energy to us... This is the 3 fold law in action.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I don't know why that posted anon - it wasn't meant to... I'm the OP!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Hubby and I take it quite literally. We believe that all good things we do will be returned three fold. We have personally experienced it. We have also experienced the bad part of the law. Ten fold is NOT funny! XD
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 7:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Whatever you do with come back times 3.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• MamaK - I mean explain how you believe it comes back... Is it that it comes back to you 3 times, 3x the strength or something else? If I was someone that had no clue what you were talking about how would you explain that statement to me?

I'm trying to see where everyone's beliefs as far as the meaning of that statement are...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I am not sure if i believe in the rule of 3.
    I know what it is, and i understand the concept ...but ...to me i feel like there is something missing from it. Like, ...If the rule of 3 only applies to the here and now, then there are lots of people who are getting what they do not deserve. IF, however, the rule of 3 applies to the here and now as well as what was carried over from a past life ...then how does that serve a purpose? That's like ...catching your toddler eating a cookie and not putting him in timeout until AFTER his nap. ...it just doesn't make sense to me.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• To me, the Law of Three is a guideline. As it was explained to me, everything we do is like tossing a pebble into a pond. It creates ripples, and those ripples spread outward to touch everything else. Eventually, they bounce off other ripples or objects and come back to us - although an altered version of what they were to begin with.

Therefore, I had to be aware of what I tossed into the pond, because not only did I have to expect my own ripples to come back, but I was creating the ripples that distorted and bounced back other people's ripples as well.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:29 PM on Sep. 28, 2009