A 'butt' question....

My 2 year old gets small break outs on her butt, it kinda looks like little pimple, they go away fairly quickly, but I am wonderring why they are there in the first place. It seems like when her diaper is really wet there are more. Is there something to put on her skin to preotect her if it is the wet diaper that is doing this to her??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try A&D ointment, it is pretty cheap and works well. Its like vaseline and you can put it on her clean butt during a diaper change and it will keep the moisture away!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 6:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My oldest gets those and I actually do to! I remember getting them as a kid, but didn't know it started that early. For me it helps a great deal to not wear underwear at night. Of course that is a problem when they are still in diapers. I just change my son as soon as he gets up and keep him in cotton underwear during the day.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• sense she is still wearing diapers. I will say it is diaper rash. Use A&D ointment. Keep the area clean.

Answer by louise2 at 6:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2009