TMI Pressure Plz Help!

Lot Of Pressure "Down There" - Feels like I have to poop, but I already have today, slight runny but overall normal. Cramps that feel like I am starting my period, kind of intense. I feel the urge to push when I sit on the toilet - I know not to, but I get that urge. Has been happening over the last few hours - been to the restroom at least 3 times per hour. I am nearing 36 weeks gestation, is this normal pressure or is it possible to be starting labor this early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ok first call your doctor asap.. 2nd i had that with my first. YOU NEED TO TIME THE PAINS. IF THEY ARE IRREGULAR they could be braxton hicks. if they are regular (every 5 mins, or 4 mins. ect) they its time to worry. if u are pooping regular then your not constipated.. you are more then likely starting labor or just brax. hicks..
    If they get to the point to where they are 3 to 4 mins apart go to the hospitol asap go strait to labor and delivery.. not the ER.
    Also.. try getting off your feet. elivate them this may help reduce the pain.. while u are doing this time ur pains.. that and breath . another issue is if your stomach tightens with each pain that is a big sign of contractions..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• girl call the hospital or your dr.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 6:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• No those cramps are b/c you have to take a crap, I'm pregnant with my 2nd and I have those cramps and it normally means I have to go crap, i've noticed with both pregnancies.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I would go have it checked out. It was like that for me with my second one.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 7:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I had those types of cramps a few weeks ago. I was told on here that it was just having to poo (as MommaRox said), so I just waited it out. By the next day I was still feeling that way, but was still pooing as normal. I told my doctor at my next appointment & she nearly bit my head off...turns out the poo theory was dead-wrong... I WAS HAVING CONTRACTIONS, it wasn't that I had to poo at all! Thankfully they subsided on their own, but she told me that you never just let it go when it comes to cramps because it very likely could be contractions this far into the pregnancy. I'd say call your doctor (or, being it is Sunday maybe call L&D instead) & ask them about it, they may want you to come in to get checked.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2009