Does sex give you a migraine headache?

If you know about migraine headaches you know they're awful! You'd do anything to never get another one! What if sex gives you migraines? Anyone else experience this? What if anything can help or be done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Health

• No, quite the contrary. Sex releases endorphines, which should make headaches better. Migraines though are usually triggered by something else.... Unless you have some unfortunate condition which works the opposite. UGH that would be awful!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I used to get the same thing after sex. It was awful. I would almost not want to have sex...almost. I think its from all the moving around. But I did notice that when my husband is behind me (doggie style) and stops, the migraine kick in. I just started having a glass of ice water next to the bed and drinking it through out the day. That seems to have helped. I still get them every once in a while, but not every time like I used to. My doctor said for me to try taking an ibuprofen right before sex, but I think that might rewin the mood. I never did that. Good luck.
    Payan04

Answer by Payan04 at 7:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• i also get headaches when the other half is behind... makes me not want to have sex either.. but i just tend to deal with it. im not sure if its a migraine ive never had one.. or maybe i have an i just have a high tolerance for them? hopefully you find something that helps relieves the pain. id try drinking some water after an maybe just going to sleep to get your mind off it good luck :)
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 9:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• no sex should help relieve the tension

Answer by admckenzie at 9:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2009