What do you all think about Prepaid Legal?

MY Dh just purchased this and says it is a way to make money, but I am not seeing it? What do you all think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• Not in today's economy. I would not get involved in anything that requires you to sell something right now. Times are too tough for people to be spending money unnecessarily.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I don't think it's the best choice, but I think it's a good one! Personally, I'm bias. I'm with Ameriplan and we are the compitition, so I think we are better! lol! We offer the same services and more - So, If I had the choice I would always go with us. But as far as PPL goes. I would never go without having some kind a plan. I think their services are great!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• we use prepaid legal but not for business opportunity...my MIL did Prepaid Legal as a business several years back...she grew a huge team and was quite successful in it BUT even though she had over 200 people on her team her best month was only $1200 and she was working her butt off...she quit because it was so time consuming and the money wasnt worth the time she put into it...now she does another home business, which i do as well and we are having great success with it...my hubby and i both work from home will never go back to a job again www.knowforyourself.webs.com is my website if you are interested
    Kimra

Answer by Kimra at 7:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My dd bought into it and every time she tried to use the services she was told that was not covered so she saw it for the scam we think it is. As a matter of fact, every Prepaid legal office in this town has closed down.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I think prepaid legal is a joke. I've done several legal things on my own (helped DH file for visitation, then took his ex back to court after we had more problems, a small claims suit, and several letters of cease and desist). You can get a lot of information for free. I would NEVER pay for information or advice I could get for free.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 7:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Jafra - you aren't paying for any information. You are paying for services from real lawyers... It's like always having one on retainer... They are there to review any and all contracts you have to sign, help with everything from simply wills to traffic ticket defences to devorce and more... In the long run they are very very worth it. It's like health benefits, you don't want to have to pay for them, but when you need them, they are a huge help! Same idea here... And the plans with both PPL and Ameriplan are low cost enough that they are affordable for anyone!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Are you talking abut Pre-Paid Legal Services Inc. or Pre-Paid in general?

Because no matter what anyone says, money talks, check out the New York Stock Exchange, 15 years on #3.

I love Pre-Paid, we are suffering from job less in our famiy and were recently homeless for a month with our 19 month old, we scrounged up some money to move into our new place and to get another 7day notice to quit.

My husband and I thankfully joined Pre-Paid legal, my enroller was so gracious to pay for my assocaite fee and we paid $17 for our lawyer.

This lawyer advised me yesterday on how to go about making new payment terms.

We are so glad we had their counsel cause we would have been homeless as of tomorrow.

The paperwork was signed, we are on paymetn terms we can handle and we are sharing our story with people about it.

Your husband is smart, in financial times like these people need protection of thier homes, thei
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• their shelter, counsel on lay off packages, making new pay arrangements with stubborn companies and debt elinination sometimes completly.

But who has the money to pay huge retainers when all they have to do is buy benefits in a group?

over 1.5 millions families pay a monthly due of $17 or more a percentage of each membership goes to pre-paid legal lawyers.

Thats a nice chunk, you are one of their biggest clients! All for less than a cup of coffee a day.

Dont take my word for it though, we all have stories, not all of my nature.

But I cant handle being on the street 8 months pregnant with a little boy, so thank to Pre-Paid.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Your husband just saved you $500 on a Will prepration.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• If you have property a will is nothing.You have to get a live in trust.If you do not have property a will is a great.I think it is a joke and by the way I have 2 very good friends who are attorneys.I get free legal advice.I do not even have to make an appointment .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2009