Is Ginger Ale as bad as soda?

Or is it soda?

It's got less calories and no caffeine, but still some sugars... I don't want to be drinking soda but i've been feeling like crap and ginger ale tastes so good to me.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 7:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• compare the sugar and sodium with soda.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I think it is one of the better sodas to drink that will help your upset stomach. I think it is okay to drink in moderation. I have been drinking little bits of it because i cant keep much down during this pregnancy.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I'd say they are the same. It is better than cola since it doesn't have the phosphates (?) (my opinion), but it has just as much sugar. I also find it soothing though, so for an upset tummy I do recommend it. Ginger is good for an upset stomach. I don't know if ginger ale actually has any ginger, but I know when I feel sick, I drink ginger ale. Especially with lots of ice.

Answer by Bmat at 7:14 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Its fine espcially during pregnancy that is the only thing other than winterfresh gum and zofran that kept me from puking my guts out the entire time.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 7:14 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• It's better for you and I really like it too.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• get REAL ginger ale, like, the kind with ginger in it. it's really yummy! if you can't, drink what you've got if it's making you feel better :)
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 7:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• this is regular old canada dry
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My favorite ginger ale is Vernors
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I drink Ginger Ale or Sprite...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Canada Dry Ginger Ale still has HFCS in it which I avoid whether pregnant or not. Try Izze or Jones Soda for something more natural.
    happySAHMmomof2

Answer by happySAHMmomof2 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 28, 2009