Unclean foods?

Does the bible still teach that we are too not eat the unclean foods? Proof that it does or doesn't please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Anon :56-57 said it best. The Bible does say "It is not what enters into the mouth that defiles the man, but what proceeds out of the mouth, this defiles the man.", i.e. wicked thoughts, sexual immorality, foul language etc.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Well the Bible hasn't changed--LOL it depends on what religion you are--Jewish people must keep kosher, but Christians do not/ Other religions that don't follow the Bible have food restrictions as well. Cloven hoof animals were thought to be dirty and products of the devil, so that is why many relgions to not eat them.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• ive heard that pork is unclean food since that wallow in mud/crap all day.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 7:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Acts - I will have to look up the reference and try to get back to you!! God gave Peter a dream - repeatedly to make sure Peter got His point. In the dream a cloth full of unclean animals came out of the sky. God told Peter to get up and eat. Peter kept refusing and God told him, what I have called clean, do not call unclean!! Also in Romans or Corinthians?? Paul addresses the issue of unclean meat - specifically that which has been offered to idols and then resold in market. While it is not necessarily a sin to eat it, if you can not eat with a clear conscience before God, then you must not.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Well Peter's dream was a metaphor. He had refused 3 times to go and preach to the gentiles. He was a bit of a racist so to speak. so God sent him this dream to state hey eat tihs and of course Peter say's ummm no Lord. But the sheet was presented 3 times. That is hwo it has been explained to me, this dream had nothing to do with food it had to do with racism. But agian maybe I'm wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Also with the words of Paul, I have been told that it was JSUT the idol offered meat. But what were the animals offered to the pagan God's? Was it sheep/cows/chickens/ all the clean animals or was it pig and the like?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I do not think that I will be sent to hell for anyhting that I eat or drink. I mean Jesus and Paul made that very clear, that salvation was not a matter of food and drink. So I don't know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I believe the dream was both! It was to show Peter to go to the Gentiles and that food was no longer unclean. Later in Acts there is a disagreement among the apostles about what laws the christians are to follow and nothing is mentioned about unclean foods. I will go look right now for exact references!! Lol!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:48 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Acts 10:9-16 Peter's vision; Acts 15:1-21 The Jerusalem Council - what laws should the Gentiles follow; Romans 14:1-10 and 1 Corinthians 8:1-13 Eating food nd matters of the conscience
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Well ok if it was to show that all foods were clean the if you read the NIV bible this is what it states.
    Mark 7
    17After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. 18"Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? 19For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body." (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods "clean.")
    20He went on: "What comes out of a man is what makes him 'unclean.' 21For from within, out of men's hearts, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, 22greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23All these evils come from inside and make a man 'unclean.' "
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2009