what can i give a 10 month old for a cough?

amanda808505

Asked by amanda808505 at 7:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• call dr first!! i try not to medicate that young.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 7:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I don't think any medication is recommended for children under 4 now. I think honey works and a cool-mist vaporizor will definetly help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Call your Dr or a pharmacist or an ER nurse and ask. If the baby has had the cough for more than 5 days the Dr will want to see the baby. If it just started then they wont.

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Try a warm mist vaporizes to moisten and loosen anything that needs coughing up. Vicks on the feet, it seems to help with mine. Lots of fluids. If it doesn't go away in a few days call the doc. Good luck I hate when they are sick this young. Are there any other symptoms?
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• By my fourth kid, the pharmacist was my best friend. They r very helpful and know their stuff.
    milmiracle

Answer by milmiracle at 8:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Nothing, but a vaporizer,and you can use the inhalant solution in the vaporizer. If,you don't have a vaporizer,boil a big pot of water with a tablespoon of salt in it.place the pot in a very,very safe place,the steam will help loosen the cold,if,your child have fever, or a persistent hard cough,you must call your Dr.Lots of fluids.

lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• honey for a 10mo old is BAD!!!!
    anyway put baby vicks on your childs feet and then socks. It helps!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• theres nothing you can give. It stinks i know. But even for adults they are saying that cough meds arent even effective. I will also recommend the vaporizor or humidifier. If its a bad cough call hte dr. My son had a bad cough for a week and i took him in and found out he had an ear infection and then that he was weezing and was on breathing treatments for a while. The treatments orked great btw for his cough
    cudybug

Answer by cudybug at 9:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• NOTHING!!!!!!!! Especially not anything OTC!!! Humidifier and Vicks on the feet, and saline & suction on the nose. Prop up the crib or use a pillow.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2009