my daughter needs to know is it ok for her to ask .....

a guy friend to a dance . just as friends . I don't know what to tell her because I never asked a myself I always waited for them to ask me.she's a freshman in high school. 13 yrs old will be 14 at end on november.

incarnita

Asked by incarnita at 7:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't know, I'd approach him as a friend and ask him if he's thought about taking anyone, or if he's going, common questions, then if he isn't set on someone then she could mention them going together.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I don't see why not. I would have asked a guy friend if I wasn't' too shy.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• sure go for it... a friend is a friend. i would have asked my friends to the dance but there wasnt any point bc all of "us" showed up anyway
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• yes. I didn't really ask. I used to tell them that they were taking me but if she's into asking then by all means it's ok for females to ask males to a dance.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I THINK SHE SHOULD. MY MOTHER TAUGHT ME NEVER TO BE AFRAID TO GO FOR THE THINGS U WANT. IF I HADNT TAKEN HER ADVICE THEN I WOULDNT BE MARRIED TO MY HUBBY TODAY. I ASKED HIM OUT. LOL AND HE SAID YES..
    texas_robin82

Answer by texas_robin82 at 7:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I am not ok with dating, however, I am ok as long as my daughter understands and willing to go to a dance for fun, not as lovers or bf/gf and he provides the ride yadda yadda.. Doesnt your high school have a dance where the girls ask the guys? I know ours does.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 9:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• if it's not for dating, just for fun, i'd say she should go for it...i always asked guys to dances in high school and it worked for me
    Kimra

Answer by Kimra at 9:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• if they are friends then i would see no problem with it lol i always went with guy friends to my functions
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 9:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Yeah, sure. I asked people out in high school and so did a lot of other girls. Guys in our school were weird lol. It was like every occasion to go out was a Sadie Hawkins dance kind of thing lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• it's ok and in 2009 it's charming. makes me want to be a teenager again.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 9:24 AM on Sep. 28, 2009