i need advice asap!! my sister is having twins she is 34 weeks...she was standing in the kitchen and she thinks she peeed but i think..

it was her water...she just got out of the hospital for pnemonia and staph infection and has gestional dibates....her ankles are very swolen....she dont want to call the dr because she dont want to have to go back to the hospital but i think she needs too...please help

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 7:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Smell it!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I agree smell it!!! If you can't decied she needs to go!!! If she doesn't go on to the hos. the baby can get an infection from her water being broke. And at 34 weeks they are likely to go head and let her have the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I agree, better be wrong about it than not go and need to. She needs to go get checked. If she has to stay, then she has to stay. Best of luck to her, and please post a follow up?

Answer by Bmat at 7:55 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Smell wtf! Go to the hospital, they will check her out the worst they will do is send her back home, she needs to be resting and elevating if she has all these problems. Go to the hospital!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 7:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• It would be pretty normal to pee.
    Smelling will help her to know.
    Is it continuing to trickle/gush?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Is it still coming? If its happening and she can't stop it then it was her water. Mine only broke with my daughter and I had no idea it was my water. I thought I was peeing at first but then it just kept leaking out. I felt so silly by the time I did go to the hospital.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Smell it, urine smells like well.... pee. And amniotic fluid smells sweet. And really, that makes me sad she's rather but her babies at risk then go to the hospital. :-(
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• If you thought you'd peed you probably are not thinking there is a risk. She might not have thought otherwise, like not a conscious "I don't care about risks."

When my water broke it was gushing and I still questioned it... it took a bit to figure it out.

I see cafemamas here all the time wondering, questioning. Often times (usually I would say) it's pee.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2009