What else can I do?

My neighbor, who I think may be an alcoholic, came over to my yard and was drunk again. She has 4 kids ranging in age from 25 to around 9. She lost a baby due to cord accident a few years ago. Well, to make a long story short she tells me she is 11 weeks pregnant and she doesn't know what she is going to do. I don't know if she was lying or what, she is a little "off" in the head I think. What should I do? I was supportive and gave her all the positives responses I could. Oops, I forgot to mention she's 43. I"m really upset about this and wish I could help her poor baby. I can only imagine the damage that has already been done. Any one with some advice for me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know, there's really nothing you can do about for her carrying an unborn baby, but maybe CPS should be called in on the kids who do live with her, she needs help I'd offer to take her to rehab.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 8:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I agree. There's nothing you can do for her or her possibly being pregnant. CPS might need to be called. If she's neglecting or endangering her kids. Does she want her kids to grow up and do those things or have issues because of her actions?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• She's probably lying blacked out drunk and isn't pregnant. Go over when she's sober and talk to her.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• well, you can call CPS and HOPE the kids end up in a better environment than the one they're in right now, just be aware that that doesn't always happen. Outside of that, nothing, there's nothing you can or should do. She is an adult and I imagine you have your own family to take care of, I know it sounds mean but that's just reality, other than being supportive there's no much you can do, if she doesn't want to help herself then you can't do it for her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Sep. 27, 2009