Do u think people that joined the army are better then people that didn't?

My reasoning behind this question is my brother. I appreciate the Army men and Army women that have done stuff worth recognizing. Well my brother seems to think he is better then me and the other siblings because he was in the army. He got out of the army due to " personality disorder". Which means HE DIDNT FINISH HIS TERM. He was pretty much fired. Hes immature and everyone tells me hes too much to handle. He went to Italy and all he managed to do there was have sex with a hooker and get an std. Now that hes out hes LAZY he doesn't want to do anything. How do you go to the army and come back lazy? Please someone tell me if he has a reason to think hes better then I am. Also I'm having money problems and he knows it and thinks that's another reason hes better then me. I honestly don't get it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Was he was honorably, or dishonorably discharged.

He is know better then you. He probably is a little mental.

Answer by louise2 at 7:58 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• They are not better than us, but they certainly deserve the recognition and thanks. But no one is better than any one else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• He did serve his country and put some time in. BUT not every army man/women is perfect! There are many that actually do their duty and are much better than a civilian! But, not every one of them! I was actually raped by 4 army men... one of them was supposed to be my b/f and he ended up going AWOL the night they were leaving for Iraq, went to a military prison and was MEDICALLY discharged due to being beat up in prison (he was a pedifile as well) and his back was permantly injured!!!! You have NO idea how pissed off this makes me that these men get away with things like this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• No they are not better, they are doing a good job (most of them) but it doesn't make them better.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• op... well he will openly admit he didn't do anything in italy. There's nothing wrong with him mentally. Hes the same old immature person that left the 1st time. He lied when he was younger to get stuck in a mental hospital. He took the rapper eminem's music and was saying he was feeling that way. He was giving a badge or something I'm not sure and BC hes so immature they TOOK IT BACK. I'm just sick of hearing hes better then me. Hes mean to me all the time for no reason. Hes 24 yrs old and acts 16. i try to ignore it but he says it allllll the time. It was honorable
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Going to the Army doesn't make one better.
    Going to college doesn't make one better.

What makes one better is what they do with the experiences that they have delt with and what kind of person their are. Sure it sounds good to say your in the Army or that your a college graduate but if your an asshole then it doesn't matter. Its what you learn from what you went through that makes one better person (notice I didn't put better than others).

P.s. My brother is in the Army and I am proud of him for doing so but he is still a womanizing little prick:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Just have confidence in yourself. Men like him have nothing to really validate themselves except their delusions. Reality (that they are bums) is too much for them to deal with.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:19 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• my brother told me to tell u to tell your brother he is making the army and its people look bad buy saying this.. my brother is a sgt 1st class and has done 2 tours in iraq and he is ashamed of your brother.. he said that they arent better they are all the same.. that your brother needs a good old fashion ass kicking.. lol told me to tell u to smack him upside his head and tell him to get over himself. that the military doesnt make u better its just a job/career choice he chose.. and loves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• In your brother's case...he'd have thought hew as better no matter what. Ignore him.

I don't know about better. One of the most messed up people I've ever known was in the Marine Corps with my husband. And the Air Foirce did very little for either my FIL or my younger BIL.

The service can only do so much. The raw materiel has to be there.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• You can train a monkey to be in the military. It's not that hard. I just think, As a Veteran, that I accomplished something others haven't, but I'm not better than anyone else.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2009