Has anyone used B6 or Unisom to help with morning sickness?

Which one worked for you?

Have something better that worked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I used B6 and it worked for me. Unisom is for falling asleep though so Idk if Id recommend that.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 9:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• i asked my dr. and he prescribes me promethazine, a sub for phenergram
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 9:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• the B6 was already in the vitamin that the doctor prescribed me. It was amazing, it stopped most of my sickness. The prenatal vitamin is called prenate dha or elite. I would recommend it. My other prenatal vitamin made me throw up everytime I took it
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 10:57 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My doctor recommended taking them together. I never took the B6, because it's in my prenatal, but I have taken Unisom 2-3 times (I suffer from horrible insomnia when pregnant. lol), and none of those mornings have I woken up feeling sick. However, if you have other children, I'd recommend taking it on a night when someone will be available to care for the children the next day. Some people (like me) end up sleeping HEAVILY when it's taken. I sleep about 10-12 hours when I take it (could also be pure exhaustion, though, with little sleep and a very active 2 yo and 1yo).
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 1:49 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i used unisom to help me fall asleep and get a good nights rest for once i did that n my first trimester tough for some reason i feel funny about doing it now that im in my 3rd trimester... i stopped taking prenatals because i couldnt hold them down i had to take flinstones and calcium chews instead... oddly enough sugar free suckers worked for my morning sickness! :-)
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 4:16 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• i actually just went to the maternity store and got preggie pop drops....and they helped me but i was only sick for 3 months i still have a lot left if you wanted me to i could send them to you cuz i dont need them anymore.....my husband and i dont plan on having another kid for another 2-3 years
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 5:34 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I had to take prenatals that were split into two pills. I took one in the am and one in the pm since I couldn't keep it down if I took the whole thing at once. If I split them up, I was better. I still had some bad days, but it was better. The bright side is that the sicker you feel, the more implanted and hearty your pregnancy is. At least, that's why my Dr told me, but he could have just been trying to relieve the crazy-eyed pregnant woman who was ready to kill him. LOL Feeling that sick for so long just takes it out of you. I'm fully sympathetic.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:03 AM on Sep. 28, 2009