Raspberries?

I was told not to give strawberries untill 1 year old. But I didn't know that meant raspberries too. My mom got a jar of apple/raspberry to feed her when we went over there. She ate half it yesterday and the other half today, before someone told me they aren't supposed to have them...She hasn't had any sort of reaction. but should I still not give her any more?
I bought some fresh ones I was going to puree because she really enjoyed the taste. But now I feel like I did something bad...
She is 7 months old.

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 8:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• also if you aren't supposed to give these foods, why do the baby food companies make them with a 6 month label on the jar??
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 8:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• EXACTLY!! My daughter's 6 months old and 1 doctor told me no berries until 1 and then the other told me to feed her whatever I wanted. I was wondering the same thing about the whole "if they can't have berries, why do they make the food". I gave her strawberry yogurt bites, and nothing happened, but I don't wanna push my luck with any other berry. I would keep giving her the raspberries, since you know she won't react to them, but as for other ones, I would hold off until maybe 10-11 months. It's really up to you what you'd like to do :) Good luck
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 8:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• is it because fruit causes diarrhea?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• it's because strawberries, some berries and peaches have highly allergenic properties. kids tend to respond to them kinda badly sometimes. my 2 1/2 yr old gets hives when she eats peaches !! if the foods are processed correctly then you have nothing to worry about, but if some of the fuzz is still on them you might run into allergies. gerbers are fine even if they do have berries, however, you should really be careful when handling the fresh fruits, you should wash your hands real well before even touching your baby after you've touched the berries.
    suej27

Answer by suej27 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• my twins doctor never told me that before So they had that and peanut butter when they were 6 months old.
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 8:34 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• If they come in a baby food jar then there should be nothing wrong with giving them to your daughter and fresh one's shouldn't hurt pureed either.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 8:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• my son is 11 months old and I give him steawberries and grapes and apples and peaches any type of fruit basically i have been giving them to him since he was about 7 or 8 months i mean i just peeled the grapes of course,
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I've never heard that... I gave them jarred stuff. My BFF also gave her DD fresh fruit at that time...?
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 9:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't give her fresh ones yet. Make your own raspberry applesauce - cook them with an apple or two and give her that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2009