What is your cleaning schedule?

We now have a dog and two cats. Plus a 3 year old who is not fully potty trained yet. I don't want out house to start smelling. What cleaning schedule do you use to keep your house smelling and looking good?

Also which cleaning product do you prefer?

RaeLynn1221

Asked by RaeLynn1221 at 8:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pets

• I would high recomend investing in a Furminator brush. They can be pricey but they do an extremely golyod job of getting the lose hairs and under coat so that the animal is shedding less hair. It is worth it. I have 6 cats and 2 dogs. The lab mix is a horrible shedder worst i have ever had but with this brush i am not having to vacuum as much. I still vacuum several times a week just because but it is not bad. As far smell when you have pets you are going have a smell to an extent. I like to use those powders you sprinkle on the rug and then vacuum up. It helps i also use a couple of air purifiers.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• i am a neat freak lmao so i am constantly cleaning i use candles and carpet freshner, as well as swiffer febreze and if u are not for candles then the glade plug-ins are also very helpful
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 8:54 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• we clean the litter boxes 2 times a day an clean the backyard every monday for our dog. mop the floors with pinsol an extremely hot water at least once a week an vaccum with the bissel pet hair remover (works wonders!) but ontop of this is still gets stinky sometimes =/ all animals get a bath once a week as well (all 6 of them) we also use one of those glade plug in things an it makes everything smell better for a little while.
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 9:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Oxiclean spray is awesome (and smells great!) at tackling "accidental" urine stains and smells from couches and other fabrics. For carpets, we use Resolve high traffic foam spray. =)
    AneesasMom

Answer by AneesasMom at 10:42 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• get an enzyme cleaner. it'll keep the smells down. i have a steam cleaner. I steam clean the carpets and hard floors weekly. nature's miracle is a great enzyme cleaner and it's safe.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I clean the poops out of the box all the time. I clean out the box with disinfectant every Friday and switch the boxes so the plastic doesn't keep the stank.

Every Tuesday and Friday I clean out our rat cage and change the paper shred shit you line the bottom with.

Every Friday and Tuesday I would clean up the doggie doos until she passed away (she had cancer that no matter what the vet did it would come back. her two littermates also died of cancer.), I don't do that anymore obviously.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 4:30 AM on Sep. 28, 2009