When did it become a crime to be a full time working Mother?

I am a nurse fulltime and a full time Mom to three beautiful kids...All my kids live with me but my ex who was physically and verbally abusive to me want to take my my 2 youngest kids because I work full time...Even when I was with him I worked full time even more then and My mom would watch the kids if I have to work 16 hour shift because he prefered to hang out with his friends ...Now he tells the court he wants full custody all because he does not want to pay child support ...Ladies When did it become a crime to work and take care of your children on your own???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Honestly, if you look at history, right after WWII. Remember that's when the men were away at war and women had to work to provide for their families, but when the men came back, women were supposed to go back to their traditional roles (homemaker). Since then women have been fighting this ridiculous idea that they can't or shouldn't work.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Do you have records of police reports on the physical abuse? Because that will stop his effort in his tracks.,

Answer by gdiamante at 9:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• if he was abusive that is your argument for him not getting custody. now a days money is tight you are not doing anything wrong by working. doesn't he work? working means your stable.. don't allow him to talk to you unless its about the kids.only. if he continues to bully you motion the court for him to pick up kids at local police station due to harassment.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• It didn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Stay true to what you know is right! All good women win in the end!
    aklebeyers

Answer by aklebeyers at 11:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2009