Soaking Sheets...

My son is 2 and he is still wearing diapers but the last two weeks he has been waking up completely soaked where we have to toss his sheet in the washer again. I tried cutting his drinks down so he doesnt get a cup after dinner. I tried overnight pull ups and last night I tried an overnight pull up with a diaper over it. He still wakes up soaked? WTH? Any ideas?

mrsmilander

Asked by mrsmilander at 9:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Wow...that is a lot of peeing. And its only like that overnight? I might even call the doctor office to ask a nurse about it just to see if it could be a symptom of something else. But other wise it sounds like you have tried all the logical options...Sorry I don't really know any thing else to suggest.
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 9:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Make sure his penis is not pointing out of the diaper.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Is it only at night? Luvs work really well if you have never tried them I have never had an issue. But frequent urination (if he is urinating more than normal) should be checked out and tested)
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I always make sure he is pointed downward. I also hate luvs. They are made by pampers and both have perfumes in them that cause more irritation. he used to leak with them too and that was way before he had this problem. lol
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 12:29 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Sounds like you are potty training. Try getting him up half way through the night or 30 minutes before he wakes up soaked. I always used Huggies with my kids. It was the only diaper that didn't break them out.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• my son is only 4 months and im having that problem also. I have tried 5 different brands of diapers and nothing is working. I even wake up in the middle of the night to change him but still hes wet when we wake up. And i know hes not sweating at night. Im at a loss also i hope you find something that works
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:57 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Ours leaked in everything but the Pampers Baby Dry. They hold a LOT of liquid. Maybe a couple of nights exceptions, but nothing routine. Maybe it's the way the diaper is put on. Is there any sagging? Is he a thin child? If so, you may want to fold about 1-2" down (fold back towards his belly) so that it's snug around the crotch and then tape the diaper tightly. Or maybe you need to change sizes.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 9:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• He is thin, but we make sure its tight and he is in size 6. He weighs about 36lbs and his butt isnt covered in size 5. Its just weird that he is wetting so much when we dont give him a cup after dinner. We change him right before he goes to bed and he is usually soaked then too.

We have tried potty training him already but we took a break because he always wants to just sit on there to brush his teeth. But he never goes until he gets up from the toilet.
    mrsmilander

Answer by mrsmilander at 2:49 PM on Sep. 28, 2009