16 month eating hair from his toys

Any of the stuffed animals he has that has hair on it... even longer fur, he bites it and pulls the hair off and eats it. I am totally freaking out by it b/c I thought it would pass but it has been a couple weeks now and I constantly tell him not to do it, even take the toys away but he continues to do it....what can i do or how do I get him to stop doing it? This can't be good for him! .... any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• omg my dd does the same exact thing she's 13 months old she loves eating hair she'll even pull my hair and eat it before i can get to it and i don't know how to get her to stop either
    mari2120

Answer by mari2120 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Take the fuzzy toys away...maybe for years. In the meantime,ask his Pediatrician if he has any answers to this problem. It doesn't sound good. The "hair" might cause an intestinal obstruction or irritation since it is not edible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I agree, the fur on stuffed animals isn't edible. My son didn't eat it, but he did pull it out, hair by hair, until his stuffed animals were bare.

Answer by Bmat at 9:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2009