do you shop on the first of the month

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I shop every other sunday.. whichever date that falls on is when i do my main grocery shopping
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I shop the first week of the month and the third week of the month

Answer by admckenzie at 9:26 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• For groceries? I shop every Friday on the way home from work.

Answer by Bmat at 9:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• If it's a Sunday.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• If we need stuff really bad, I'll go out to grab a few things. Like if we're out of bread or milk or something, I'll go get that. I don't get a ton of stuff, though. It's usually 5 items or less.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:37 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• For groceries? Depends- I get paid every 2 wks and I shop as soon as I get my paycheck.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I only shop when I am out of the normal stuff I need. I don't buy in huge quantities and I don't have a freezer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I shop when I need to. I always have to go to the store every Wed. because we always need milk!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I shop when I need groceries and when I'm near a store anyway. I rarely shop at our local supermarket because it's more expensive than others so I tend to stop by the cheaper one when I'm out that way e.g. if I'm going to Target or Home Depot. I buy a lot of stuff at ethnic grocery stores too e.g. I buy rice and beans at the Indian store because it's much cheaper. All in all, I probably shop at 7 or 8 stores for groceries but most of them are just once every month or two.

Long story short, I don't shop on the first day of the month on purpose but I don't avoid it either. I rarely even notice the date.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 9:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I have always lived next to Fort Hood, which is the largest military instillation in the "free world". Before I started living with my husband, who is a soldier, I (like many civilians around here) would avoid the store on military pay days like the plauge because they are so packed. Now though, I hit the grocery store every 1st and 15th. I carefully plan out our meals for every day between his paychecks so that I only have to do two large trips each month. I have found that this also saves a lot of money, because I no longer find myself going into the store for "just one thing for this recipe", only to come out with "oh these five things looked good too"!
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2009