what is the magic date that Obama becomes accountable?

Seriously? When does the "it's only been 'this many' 'period of time'"

No one can possibly like EVERYTHING that man does! And yet, this is the reply of SO many!

So what is the magic day?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 9:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I consider the magic day to have been January 20, 2009.

He was accountable the moment he took office. Just as EVERY president is accountable the minute they take the oath. NOBODY gets the "previous administration's fault" dodge.

But every administration ALSO remains responsible for the messes it made even after leaving office.

So. If I screwed up something in my job and then quit, the person taking my place wouold be responsible for fixing it. That does not imply that this person is expected to fix it immediately; fast fixes are usually poor ones. But that person IS instantly accountable for getting a fix started and completed as quickly as is possible.

And *I* remain responsible for having made the mess...which would mean that I'd better not ask that employer for a reference or try for that job again.

He's accountable NOW and has been since he took the oath.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Starts Jan 2010
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• or maybe later! Why? Does it bother you Bush took 8 years to mess things up?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• We live In the land of make believe and in never never land Obama never has to be made accountable.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I'm done talking about Bush. Yes, he did stuff that pissed me off, too.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• He became accountable when he was sworn in last January. But...what IS your point?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• You must live in the land of make believe. Jan 20,2009.. Accountablity for WHAT???

It was the Bush mess. Why should Obama be accountable to the moron??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Well, I don't think a narcissus ever thinks (s)he is accountable.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Why are people blaming OBAMA'S mess on Bush? Its stupid. Quit making Bush the scape goat. Obama is president now, he hasn't fixed a thing, in fact he's made things worse. IT ISN"T BUSH'S FAULT!!! OBAMA IS AT FAULT NOW! He needs to be held accountable for his actions or lack there of, but of course he's not because its easier just to blame things on Bush.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Lindali' my point is that no matter what the action or policy in point, someone shows up and says, it's only been so many months, give him time! The guy is going to be at the end of the inauguration for the next ores, and there will STILL be people saying he needs time!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2009