I am in need of some SERIOUS advice here.

Basically I'm caught up in a stick situation that I found myself in by just being "available."
BIL's ex-gf and I are friends. BIL and I are not. He hates me, for whatever reason and thinks I gossip about her too much, which, I really don't. Unless "Yeah, Kim and I were talking about camping, and I was saying I could never go camping again in Texas, because I would be eaten ALIVE by mosquitos!" Stuff like that. Or talking about college or my son...
Anyway. She's come to me with some information that really shocked me. It's more of a "My friend messaged me, because (BIL) messaged him about something, and it was very rude and offensive about me."
I'm at a loss.
It's all hearsay, but she's wanting to take severe action against it. I dislike his brother, but he's still family, as unwilling as I am to admit to it.. Do I talk to him about it? Do I even risk getting further involved and give her any kind of advice? AHHH.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I'd let it go. Unless you have first hand knowledge of it- if you actually heard or read it- then it is of course hurtful, but it isn't something that approaching him about would help. If you ever should actually read or hear of this, then ask him face to face, keeping cool, and trying to mend matters. Not a confrontation at all, just a I feel badly that you think this of me and wonder how I can fix things. If he insists you not talk with your friend, then sorrowfully say that it is not for him to dictate who can be your friend. But keep it cool, no name calling, no raised voices, and definitely in person.

Answer by Bmat at 9:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Stay out of it. Best course of action.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2009