I need help in weaning my son

Ok, so my lil guy is almost 4 months old and I woke up this morning with mastitis (breast infection; the 3rd one I've gotten since I had him) So I've decided I should probably start weaning him since I can't go through this anymore... I'm going to school and can't afford to miss anymore, but what is the best way to go about it??? I know it hurts like all hell when my boobs get engorged so I need some help!!

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• take it gradually.... start incorporating formula... slowly. one or two bottles a day and gradually increase....
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Try contacting LLL for some advice:
    www.llli.org
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• well how i did it, i feed her all the times i used to,i just cut the time in half,like if u are feeding her 5minutes from each breast at each feeding(i feed from both breast on one feeding) then cut it down to 3minutes on each breast. then cut down on how many times a day he eats from u. i went from 4-5 to 3 feed him for naps and bedtime only. one week later only feed him at night when he goes to sleep. i am in no pain at all,this worked for me. if u dont understand,email me for more info
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• If you're going to wean, drop ONE FEEDING per week. No faster since you're prone to mastitis. You can also shorten each feeding by a minute or two ever few days...but plan to take as many weeks as nursing sessions in a day.

You might check kellymom.com for mastitis treatments; might help. They're more effective than anythign the doc will do.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2009