Do you play with your toddler most of the day or watch tv (or w.e.) most of the day while they play?

Just curious! be honest lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I play with my dd(15 moths) a LOT during the day, but my day is also filled with taking care of my almost 5 week old, who we just found out is lactose intolerant, and cleaning our house. I also play on the computer a lot but I dont watch t.v. (we dont have cable:( ) but occasionally I will watch a movie
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I play with her. Someone's gotta pitch the baseball and be her dance partner. LOL She plays alone while I cook usually.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I probably watch t.v. more then play with her. I know its bad but everytime I do try and play with her she runs off to do her own thing. A lot of her toys are in the living room so it's not like she's alone. I will put her in her playroom and let her watch Elmo so i can get things done. If she wants me to read to her she will give me her book. You can call me a bad parent or whatever but its not like I'm completly glued to the tv and ignoring her the whole time.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• drs1206...i dont think your a bad parent. i kinda do the same thing. i feel bad that i don't play with her as often as i do. but im tryin to make more of an effort. and really she does the same thing....she will go off and play by herself anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• my little guy goes and does his own thing, too. he will "wrestle" some and we will go outside for awhile, but he would rather play with his trucks or look outside. so i will watch tv, do some things that need done, etc.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• You don't have to be GLUED to the tv or COMPLETELY ignoring her the whole time to be a bad parent. If a mom spends more time not interacting with her child then I think they should enroll that child into some extra activities so the child can have play mates. Not just toys and tv.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• what if we have no money to enroll them in extra activities?? sometimes those things can get expensive. and i dont think any parent is bad for not totally interacting with their child every second of the day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I would love to beable to enroll my daughter in Little Gym or something else but that takes money I dont have. We have one vehicle which my husband uses for work so I'm kind of limited. I take her walking around my apartment complex which she loves because of the pond and when I do have a vehicle I will take her to the park. She is independent and likes to beable to do her own thing. Just because I'm not playing with her 24/7 doesn't mean I'm ignoring her. I dont see anything wrong with the fact that she is independent.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I don't think anyone plays with their toddlers every second of the day. The question was which do you spend MORE time doing. Kids this age just need more interaction with both parents and other children. I'm broke and DH always has our one car so we walk to the park a lot or just go outside when others are too. We also carpooled to playgroup. A child spending so much time alone already just isn't good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• we do a mixture..i love playing with my two year old. But he does really well at entertaining himself while i'm taking care of his 2 month old sis, or cleaining, or just having some downtime
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 10:55 PM on Sep. 27, 2009