Baby in odd position or something else @ 35w 2d? (Warning: kinda TMI)

I am pretty sure baby has descended at least most of the way down (over the last few days his movements have gotten lower & pressure has built up down below). Also, I want to point out that I haven't had much of a BM problem for a few weeks now, it all seems to be fine in that area except for some diarrhea on & off the last couple days. Now to my issue. Today I have had an enormous amount of pressure against my vaginal area, as well as a good amount of pressure on my bum area. For the majority of the day every time he moves I tinkle a little, & then a few minutes later I end up running to the bathroom thinking I really gotta go...but then nothing. I usually continue to tinkle a little, but that urge is still there! I don't think I'm constipated since I've seemed to release just fine so far, but I keep sitting there until the pressure stops...just to repeat this a little later! I'm wondering if maybe he's positioned oddly??

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 10:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• At 35 and 2 you are preterm. It could be early labor. Call your Dr. office and they should have an after hours answering service. If they don't call the Maternity floor and they will call the Dr. on call. I know our doctors would at least want to talk to you to get more info. Probably bring you in for an NST.

Is this your first?

ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry. Call.
    obrn4u

Answer by obrn4u at 10:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Sounds like it yes. He is probably sitting on a nerve.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Have you talked to your doctor about this? Maybe you should call him/her
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I see my doctor on Friday for my non-stress test, she mentioned being gone for a week at the last appointment (last monday) so I didn't think to call. Plus it didn't dawn on me that it would be anything more than just odd discomfort or something. Maybe I should call tomorrow to make an appointment?
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 10:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Sounds like your baby dropped. Nothing unusual sounding to me! ;-)

BUT if you ever want to call your doctor, please do! He/she gets paid big bucks to answer your questions.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:14 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• You should call your doc/ob as soon as you can and at least mention it to him/her - not necessarily make an appointment, but talk to him/her on the phone, tell them what you just said, and ask if you should come in or what. You could also call the maternity ward/labor & delivery at your hospital and as, a nurse there - they'll have a good idea and can probably help you quicker/sooner than your doc - or tell you to call the doc if they feel that would be better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2009