Terrible 2's Tantrums!!! HELP!

My son just started throwing HUGE fits! It all started on the day he got his flu shot and has been going on since! I don't know what to do! He throws himself down on the floor kicking and screaming! He hits himself and pulls his hair! He yells at me NO MAMA LEAVE ME ALONE! NO NO NO NO NO!!!
I am out of ideas to help him! The only thing I can do is hold him and he eventually stops and he is himself again! Nice as can be!!!! I'm very worried about him!
He has a terrible attitude too! He used to say please and thank you and now he only does when he feels like it! OH and when I sing to him now he yells at me NO MAMA STOP SINGING!! I don't even know where he could have learned that from!!!!!
Please help me I need some advice!!!!

danielleaube

Asked by danielleaube at 10:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Definately don't encourage this behavior by entertaining it...as long as they cannot harm themselves leave to throw the fit once he realizes its not going to work he'll stop...it's tough but hang in there...the longer you keep dealing with it the worse it will get...my oldest son used to throw himself own on the floor(or ground or wherever) and arch his back and I actually made it worse by giving him a reaction...when I started ignoring it he realized he wasn't getting ANYWHERE with it he stopped and since then I've never indulged in any of the fit throwing and it has always passed I have 4 babies btw:):):)
    stina767

Answer by stina767 at 12:25 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• aw i'm sorry mama! You sound stressed...the best way to deal with all of this is to stay calm and relaxed!! With my dd I know the best thing to do when she gets upset is to get down to her level and talk to her all calm and relaxed...it makes all the difference in the world. Bc there are times when I don't do that and I end up yelling at her and it just makes it MUCH worse! Also with the please and thankyous my dd almost always uses them but if she doesn't...then she doesn't get what she wants...if she wants something SHE HAS TO SAY PLEASE...or else she doesn't get it. My dd just started telling me to stop singing LOL so when she does i'll either just sing louder or just laugh with her....try and make fun of as much as you can. : ) xoxo
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 10:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• My DDs are 2 and 4, and I've never really had too many problems with them throwing temper tantrums. That's probably because they know it doesn't work in my house. As soon as they start, I send them to their room until they calm down. It usually only takes a minute or two by themselves for them to realize it's not working! I would try that if I were you, 'cause it works wonders for me. Like a said, temper tantrums are rare in my house.
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 11:41 PM on Sep. 27, 2009