FOUR WEEKS LEFT ALL I WANT TO DO IS LAY AROUND AND DO NOTHING I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING SOCIAL OUTSIDE THE HOUSE I DONT WANT TO GET OUT OF MY PJS I WANT TO BINGE ON COOKIES AND PIG OUT AND DO NOTHING UNTIL I DELIVER! IS THIS AN EARLY POST PARTUM DEPRESSION?? I JUST FEEL LIKE SHIT!

DEPRESSION 36WEEKS EXACTLY

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I agree with the last two ladies. It sounds exactly how i felt around 36 weeks, both times.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 10:49 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Post partum means after delivery Hon. I am not quite sure what that is all about. I think you might feel alot better if you force yourself to get out and do something though. That doesn't sound real healthy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• You MUST talk to your doctor about this. Depression is common during pregnancy due to all the hormones. It can be treated during pregnancy- through medicine or other safe means. Please do this for you and for your baby. Having depression during pregnancy increases your chances of post-postpartum depression.

Try to get out of the house a little each day, even if you are just walking around outside. Find someone to talk to. Remember that your feelings are hormone based - which is a physical problem, not a mental one.

Good luck to you and your little one!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Sounds like just the end of a pregnancy to me. It doesn't sound like depression....I also wanted to do nothing till delivery day at about the same point.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:38 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• It sounds kind of normal to me. When I was about that far along with my son I was just too sore and tired to be bothered with being around people or going anywhere or doing anything.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:39 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• talk to your dr. if you are worried- but this is about how I felt towards the end. Most of my friends don't have kids so they weren't around my entire pregnancy- I kind of "lost hope" for my social life and became pretty anti-social.
    Try to enjoy your last few weeks of relaxation- once baby comes the down times are far and few between.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:15 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I'm 33 almost 34 weeks and I am feeling the exact same way, I have to force myself to go to work and do stuff around the house. Once I'm actually up and doing something I feel soo much better! Just try forcing yourself to take a walk if anything else, you don't have to go and be around people if you don't want to, but it could help take your mind off of how close you are. They do always say that physical activity is the best thing to help with depression, and speaking from experince with depression it really is!
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 1:08 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I'm 39 weeks, being induced today and that's how I felt but I forced myself to get out of the house. I even went out and did stuff yesterday and cleaned the house. I always woke up wanting to lay around and eat and just feel sad but when I did actually get out I felt great.

Try making yourself get out, you may feel better! If not, you need to talk to your doc.
    javila

Answer by javila at 2:14 AM on Sep. 28, 2009