have a ?

I was looking up something on the movie called 2012 and it said something about a Mayan Calender and i read up on it and it says that the calender has been predicting things for years and that it ends on December 21 2012 so the world will end on that day at 10:00 am does anyone here believe in this calender and how true is? I dont even know if anyone has even heard of it just asking

lzmommy03

Asked by lzmommy03 at 10:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Where have you been the past few years? Lol.
    No, I don't believe in it but many people do. I think it's just the end of their calendar. Time to get a new one.
    Nzumbe

Answer by Nzumbe at 10:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• The Bible says nobody knows the day that the world will end and nobody can predict it. Thereby rendering any predictions false. Many people have tried and none have been right, I highly doubt the Mayan's will be right either.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• The calender carver died so that's why it doesn't go on...
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 11:43 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• No way. Only God knows when the world will end.
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 11:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• HAHA... No, the Mayan calendar ends on December 12, 2012 simply because they carved their calendar out of stone and when they were all killed by the Conquistadores they couldn't continue to carve... It's common knowledge that the Mayans have this whole end of the world thing going. But so did every civilization... And they are all different. So, no, there is no more truth to that than there is the Book Of Revelations or Nostradamas' Prophecies... If the world ends, it will be at our hands, there is no set date... No one knows what the future holds!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:12 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Only God knows the day and hour in which it will happen. no one not even christ knows. or could predict it.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 12:20 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

best answer i've seen yet!!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I agree about the the fact that the calendar was only written for so many years, indeed that was as far as they got... We humans like to dramatize many many things, I do not believe 2012 is the end of life as we see it.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 1:19 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Their calendar does NOT match the calendar we have at all. It's just an dramatization made by the media. You can see so many documentaries with half assed theories and next to nothing on legitimate history. The media loves the Order-Chaos-Order formula...keep that in mind when you read that.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:57 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• mayans don't eve believe in one God and they don't read the bible. Also from the many people God used to write the bible I don't remember any of them being mayan so no I don' believe that but I do know that some religions are going to take this time to try to recruit as many people to their religions as possible ans use this as a scare tactic. Obviously in the bible there were alot of predictions at the beginiing that came true but none that specifically say what day was going to be the beginning of paradise and the end of this hell. The world will not end God is leaving it for after Evl is destroyed!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 2:29 AM on Sep. 28, 2009