If I use satrch to make corker bows, how long will it take them to dry?

Hello. I am trying my hand at making corker bows, and I was wondering how long I should let them sit to dry. I used straght liquid starch. Thank you!

Asked by rtnnhazel at 11:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• It really depends on what type of starch you use, how high the humidity is in your area and how thick the bows are. Ventilation in the room they are drying in also matters. I say till they are stiff and dry....could be 6 hours could be a day and a half.

Answer by vbruno at 11:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I have heard that you can put the dowels wrapped with starch soaked ribbon into the oven on a low settting for a while to expedite the drying process and help set the curl....There are a ton of lessons online.

Answer by apunian at 4:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I mist my ribbon after I have wrapped around the dowels and "bake" in the oven at a low temp for about 15-25 mins. Mine come out nice and stiff :-)

Answer by chrissiemags at 2:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I don't use starch... just bake them in the oven. Wrap your ribbon (polyester) around wooden dowels with wooden clothespins to secure the ribbon to the dowels. The tighter you wrap, the tighter the curl. Bake them in the oven at 275* for 30 minutes or so. Be sure when you cut them to length (AFTER curling) that you heat seal the ends. Good luck!

Answer by jrmkmbrown at 10:37 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• silverfish love starch. careful.

Answer by CookieZenmilk at 6:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2008