the reason why i asked that question is because im a african american woman and my husband is white and our son is bi-racial and we want to meet other couples like us and is going through twat we go through

zachsmommys11

Asked by zachsmommys11 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What do you go through? Everyone thinks my kids are the cutest and always comment on how they look. My kids are treated with respect and so am i.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 10:16 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• That's nice and all. We are a biracial family. But you should know most people use the terms biracial, multiracial, or interracial. But not half breed. It can be quite offensive!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Huh?
    I think I missed a question...
    But before I hunt for the original question... my son is biracial and this baby will be too. :]
    My DH is white, and I'm Asian. To be honest, we don't really get the "race" card pulled on us a lot. We do from Koreans - which is what I am, very very occasionally. The "old school" ones.

But, pfft, whatever. It doesn't bother me. Clearly biracial babies are soo cute, they're just jealous! lol. J/k. But, I let it roll off of me, unless they catch me on my Dragon days, then I let 'er rip... which is happening more often with these pregnancy hormones. Rawr.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 10:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Yes, I also didn't take too well to your original question. I don't like the term half breed. It is something people normally use to be rude and offensive as the 2nd poster said. I didn't take it like you were trying to be that way. I just figured you didn't realize it. But now you know. By the way I am white and my hubby is black and kids are biracial.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2009