Ulcer fighting tips?

I was wondering if anyone has any home remedies for dealing with ulcer pain. I'm still nursing my baby and am unable to take the drugs to get rid of it until I'm done. Any tips would be appreciated!

Swingkid511

Asked by Swingkid511 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Health

• Do you know it's an ulcer?

Anyway: avoid stress, stay away from caffeine and spices, drink milk, don't lay down soon after eating. I hope you feel better soon!

kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I'm not positive, but it starts hurting when: I'm stressed, drink caffeine, eat spicy food or citrus.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• pepto is anti-bacterial on contact and works well the heal ulcers. I don't know if it is safe while nursing. Drinking aloe vera juice is good for the stomach and will actually lower your cholesterol. Totally safe for nursing. Chamomile tea is soothing to the stomach too and safe for nursing.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Where does it hurt? It could be gallstones they are really common after pregnancy. I have to have my gallbladder removed because of it.
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 12:42 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• papaya enzymes; these are chewable tablets.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:04 PM on Sep. 28, 2009