What do you think?

A friend of mine has a son who is a high school freshman. He and his friends are writing a song specifically thanking George Bush for his work and efforts.

Do you see anything wrong with this? Would it be wrong if they were younger and written by adults who TAUGHT the children to sing this song?

Do you think the school should let them perform their song?

Would you be of if your child participated without your knowledge?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 10:44 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If it's a creative project and the kids came up with the song idea on their own, no big deal. If it's a teacher-led thing, then I'd think it wasn't appropriate and I'd probably be mad about it. I'd be disappointed if my kids wanted to participate in it, but I'd just hope they'd change their minds about Bush when they grew up and knew better :)
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Mmm, he's no longer sitting and it's not being forced, so sure why not?

The whole Obama thing bothered me mostly because he's a sitting president, and the repercussions of his actions are yet to truly be seen. How can we arbitrarily teach children that he's great?

And to use Christian melodies, not cool.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:03 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Fine. Kids singing songs about Presidents are neat. All Presidents should be appreciated . Good for them.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• High Schoolers doing something themselves and Elementary kids being taught something in a classroom situation is truly an apples to oranges comparison.
    pammomof9

Answer by pammomof9 at 12:43 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• That is great, if they want to do that, more power to them! Bush wasn't perfect (and who is?) but I believe that he did the best he could do, and his best kept us from being attacked on our own soil again.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:40 AM on Sep. 28, 2009