What kind of formula seems to be the best?

I am just wondering?

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 10:46 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I liked Enfamil Gentlease because it didnt cause her constipation.
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 10:47 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• not real sure..i breastfed.but i watch my neice who is ff and she seems to hae trouble with all the ones she has had:( fussiness, gas, etc. its so sad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I don't like similac because it smells like farts. Good Start gets clumpy if you don't shake it right away and use warm water to mix it, and it made my baby's poop bright green. but it doesn't stink as bad
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 10:53 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• enfamil gentlease.
    Riley couldnt handle anything but breastmilk, and his twin was fine with formula. At 4 months i stopped breastfeeding the twins and started enfamil lipil. It made them spit up SOOOO much. I switched to gentelease and they handled it much better. I also tried soy which made them constipated.
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• It all depends on the baby. There is no single one-best formula - every baby has different needs. All of mine were on totally different formulas because they each had different dietary stuff going on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I agree with the above poster who said it all depends on the baby. I started breastfeeding and my baby didn't handle it well at all. I went through three different formulas before I found one that he can tolerate and it's a soy formula.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:59 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• "Best" is the one YOUR BABY will take.

You'd asked a bunch of questions the other night about resenting the cost of formula...I asked some questions back but don't know whether you ever responded? SInce you don't like paying for the fromula and are still breastfeeding, perhaps we can help you out? If you don't wnat, that's fine, of course.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• when I was BFing...I had to supplement, and used Similac advance and she has done fine with it...no problems at all...every baby is different though...if you're BFing, continue...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Similac Sensative worked for my baby... it helps with gas, fussiness, spitting up! Everybaby is different but I didn't see that formula mentioned. Also, WIC helps if you have a hard time affording it and you qualify of course.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:08 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• I love enfamil, my daughter couldn't handle similac.
    It's strange however, because she did great with Similac Organic??
    VonWiggles

Answer by VonWiggles at 2:21 AM on Sep. 29, 2009