What color should I go with?

Okay, So we are re-doing my step-daughter's room. She absolutely LOVES **Tinker Bell** She wants her walls purple and green. My question is.. Should we go purple walls with green trim? Or Green walls with purple trim? Gimme some input please?!

BaybeMaybe09

Asked by BaybeMaybe09 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Or you could paint half green and the top half purple.... Green like grass.... Purple like sky...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• green w/ purple trim. Well, how dark is the purple? I'd tend to make the trim darker but I suppose there is no set rule, you could do either.
    Anonymous

• It's going to be her room. Why don't you let her decide?
    Anonymous

• purple with green trim
    SweetiePieAfWf

Answer by SweetiePieAfWf at 11:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• green with purple trim....or do one wall green, the next purple and so on. Depending on how dark/light the colors are it might work (my parents did that with pink and purple for my sisters room). Or maybe do green walls with purple stars (like the whole "neverland is the second star to the right" deal) or purple walls with green stars.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• How about a color wash efect. Purple and green with a creamy white base would look like opals. Here is alink to a page on Lowe's website tells you how to do it.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=howTo&p=HomeDecor/ClrWshWalls.html
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 11:07 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• i am doing my daughter's room in the same! green and purple with the tinkerbell border! we are doing green on bottom and purple on top with the border in the middle of the wall going the whole way around the room to seperate the colors:)
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• i would either do purple, with green trim....or....purple on the top half, green on the bottom, with a tinkerbell border seperating the two colours...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Why not do white walls with green and purple accent colors? You can even find a big stencils (for example a retro flower) and paint them on the wall in purple and green. Either color might be a little over bearing if the whole room was painted in it, unless it was like a pastel purple or something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• http://www.wallpaperstogo.com/rooms/children/room6338.htm

I thought this was kinda cute
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Sep. 28, 2009