If you voted for Obama do you regret it now?

Not trying to start anything, I would just really like to know. During the campaign and around the time of the election people were so excited, talking about change and how this man was going to make things better. If you were one of those people, are you still just as excited as you were then, are you beginning to doubt, or do you feel disappointed that you voted for him? I'm not stating my opinion of him one way or another, I just really want to know his supporters thoughts? Oh and please give your opinion without bashing the right or bashing me, because you don't know I might have been or might still be one of his supporters too. I'm looking for good educated responses not a bunch of name calling. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There are things I wish he would do differently, but I don't regret my vote for one second. Remember who was running against him & Biden? No way they would have been a better choice.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Not going to happen OP lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:09 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Ok, I'm on the bberry, so please accept this as a popcorn eating sweet pea.

I regret that I didn't vote third party! And I didn't vote Obama.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• You're not going to find many Obama voters here who are willing to admit they were duped by flashy campaigning and smooth talking. Go sneak around DemocraticUnderground or any other place that has forums for libs, and you'll find out really quickly that a LOT of them have regrets (not sure if they'd vote for McCain if they had it to do over, but still....). Not many people here are going to come out in front of the sizable conservative crowd here at CM and admit they got punk'd.
    lori9878

Answer by lori9878 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Right lori and I have been to democratic underground and some others.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• This question gets asked practically every day.

And it's the WRONG question.

No, I DO NOT regret voting for Obama. Nor do I regret having voted for Pete Wilson back in the day, even though he made a doozy of a mistake with his energy deal

No. I never waste time regretting votes. Regret is a waste of energy and I don't spend my time on it.

Here's the question you SHOULD be asking. "If the election was to be held tomorrow, would you vote again for Obama?" And it would be helpful to know the other choices, too.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:23 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Now, in answer to the counter-question I posed: If the election was to be held tomorrow, no. I would not vote for Mr. Obama. I would vote Libertarian instead.

That answer could very well change next week. And again the week after that. I reserve my prerogative to change my mind as many times aas I please until I'm casting an ACTUAL ballot.

I still don't regret the vote I made. Regret is a waste of time.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:25 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Well! I almost voted for Obama, but something told me, ( As a Christian ) I couldn't do it, In My heart I new He wasn't, and obviously anyone over a Christian would be the wrong way of life. So I know He isn't truly the one! I had so many dreams of him, and He isn't who you thought He was, Yes He ( I believe ) Truly is a Muslim, Obama out of all names ( Come on ) Were you really blinded by the name O.B.A.M.A? Also I felt that MCcain was so misplaced because he was Publican and people thought he would be like Bush! ( Oh No, not another Bush ) Don't blame people for voting for Obama, but that's what America gets for Judging the Right! My Aunt/ Uncle are ministers and had dreams of 911 happening, all of a sudden the next day It sure Did! And they told me ( Ohh Ashlie Please , Please don't vote for Obama, they gave me a wonderful reason! And I didn't and now I see people in hurt, I hear stories of wishing they didn't!, to late!
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 11:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Voting for someone and having high hopes, and then disagreeing with some of their choices during their term is not getting punk'd. It's called having a brain. When i vote for someone I expect to disagree with about half of their decisions. That's just the way it is.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 11:32 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• "Yes He ( I believe ) Truly is a Muslim,"

And that's important why?

I don't WANT to know a political leader's religion. If I NEVER hear of it I will be quite happy. His faith is between him and his God. Nobody else.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:35 PM on Sep. 27, 2009