Why does my baby cry and cry and cry until I stand up and walk around with him??

He's not colicky. I know this. But he has been getting to where you can't even sit down with him and try to soothe him that way. You HAVE to get up and stand with him and he'll stop! Does anyone know what this means? He also used to take a bottle no matter what and now, today it seems, he won't hardly take it! He doesn't have a fever either. He's never been like this before. And all day, he's been having a lot of BM's. Why is this? What would all these symptoms mean??

mandi_m

Asked by mandi_m at 11:05 PM on Sep. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds crazy but i think your son has an ear infection. when there flat on there backs it adds presser and makes it more painful. so they cry more. i would guess that you are trying to lay him down a little when you sit and when you are standing you are holding his head up a little. it can also be why he don’t want to drink it adds presser. You are thinking he don’t have a fever well they don’t ALWAYS run a fever with them
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 11:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• How old is he? He could be having problems with acid reflux, teething, or it could be just that the motion of you walking around with him is soothing, reminisce of being in the womb.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:10 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• I agree.. could be his ears or an ear. Call his doc in the morning. Loose stools, cranky, not taking his bottle..... yeah, call his doc darling. Do what you can tonight. GL
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:11 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Oh, yeah, definitely could be an ear infection. My son never gets a fever with one and usually doesn't act much different other than a little fussiness and only wanting to be held. It can also effect their eating habits. Just to be sure I would schedule with the Ped.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:12 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• He could just be bored, my just need something new to look at...
    zoozleroo

Answer by zoozleroo at 11:13 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• how old?? my daughter LOVES when I stand with her and bounce or sway to music...puts her to sleep in a minute....won't fall asleep that easy for naps, especially, if I just lay her down...they go through stages...Maybe teething too or just uncomfortable. Maybe gas?? could be different things...If it was a true ear infection, (which my daughter had both ears 2 weeks ago)...NOTHING will comfort them. They are painful....good luck
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• He's 12 weeks tues. I was worried about an ear infection too. He's never had this many bm's in one day before or been this cranky. I could usually get him to sleep by swaddling him in a blanket and giving him a bottle, but that hasn't really worked today. I will definitely be calling his PED tomorrow, thanks everyone!!
    mandi_m

Answer by mandi_m at 11:28 PM on Sep. 27, 2009

• Well my baby was like that from 3 wks. to about 4 mos. I could not just sit down and hold her, I had to be moving. I couldn't do shit and thought I'd lose my mind. According to my ped. there was nothing wrong with her, she was a 'high maintenance' baby. They grow out of it. I got a yoga ball and would just hold her or wear her in a sling and bounce. That's the only way I was able to be hands free and use the computer.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 1:42 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Well my baby was like that from 3 wks. to about 4 mos. I could not just sit down and hold her, I had to be moving. I couldn't do shit and thought I'd lose my mind. According to my ped. there was nothing wrong with her, she was a 'high maintenance' baby.

SAME HERE! I was actually known to sleep standing up. Good luck! I hope you're able to figure out if there's anything wrong!
    sweetheart1985

Answer by sweetheart1985 at 2:35 AM on Sep. 28, 2009

• use a baby sling :)
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 8:34 AM on Sep. 28, 2009